Thursday, October 24, 2013

Photography*, 10/24/13

*with notes to explain this "Food, Glorious Food" edition

-----

Again with the macro close-up
I've learned to use this feature better, finally. You can actually read all the words now.
We love, I mean L-O-V-E, peanut butter in this house. See how the PB tub is twice the weight of the jelly jar? Yet we'll go through only 1 jelly in the time it takes to use up nearly 3 PBs. Oh, and on the question of creamy vs. crunchy: We alternate. Everyone wins sometimes.


More adjustments to white balance
Ahh...this one still needs more practice. The colander below should be a medium blue, not grayish--but also not the sharp, eye-prickling blue I got on my first few tries. The tomatoes are too yellow, too. Close, but no cigar.
We're still getting lots of tomatoes from our summer garden. Actually, tomatoes are the ONLY food left in our summer garden now. But as much as the temp has dropped these past few days, I doubt they'll last much longer. Eat 'em while you have 'em!

Good lighting and good white balance--twice!
Here are some of the same tomatoes just before they got roasted. What a difference the right lighting makes to color! (also in the mix: yellow squash, onion, eggplant, plus a sprinkle of pepper and dried thyme)
This batch of bread is a variation on that sourdough recipe I got from my former piano teacher 8 years ago. The starter is still going strong. If you're local and want a cup of starter and the recipe, yes, I'll share!

No comments:

Post a Comment