Thursday, September 13, 2012

Saying strange things

It seems we're still speaking in tongues around here, though perhaps not with the frequency we did when I posted the original list of weird things that come out of our mouths when kids are involved...or the second list of oddball kid-related sayings. Time for a new list!

1) See, that's why you should keep your pants on.
2) Okay! Whose turn is it to hold the rubber chicken?
3) Don't chew on Johnny Depp!
4) We do not drink bath water. [I'm disturbed to note that I put this one on the first list; I had it in the second list, but then realized I'd already written it and deleted; it is still a mantra repeated to ALL kids at EVERY bath. I do wonder how many years this one will continue to linger.]

There are plenty of others I simply haven't bothered to record. You know, on second thought, I bet the commonness of this kind of quote hasn't changed at all. We still say plenty of strange things, all the time. We've just become immune to their weirdness since it's the norm around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment