Saturday, August 6, 2011

Funny hair

Babies have some funny hair. Girlie's has now run the complete gamut, from black to blonde, from wavy to straight, and from silky to bald to frizzy and back to silky.

Erin had a fist-sized bald spot in the back of her head that remained after all else fell out, then grew back. The bald spot also started to fill in about a month ago while the previous hair continued growing at its faster pace. This left her with a weird horizontal crease from ear to ear in back, with short but full hair above the bristly new patch of hair, wispy and long hair beneath it--a layered hairdo as performed by a beauty school flunkie. It's pretty hard to catch the full effect in a photo since she likes to turn and smile when she sees the camera around, but maybe this shot will give you an idea.

Every time I see those long, wispy underneath strands grazing the back of Girlie's shirt, the name "Carol Brady" pops into my head. You know the haircut I mean, right? Only I'm pretty sure in Florence Henderson's case, it was a fashion statement, not the result of baldness recovery.

That's my Girlie, straight out of a fashion photo shoot...from 1972. I think for now we'll stick to photos taken from her good side:

Cute, isn't she? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment