I guess hope springs eternal. Boy 1 didn't have enough hair at birth to even wonder about. But with Boy 2's more prominent tresses, we'd falsely believed Boy 2 would escape baby-pattern baldness. Here he is at just a couple days old. But several weeks after, it turns out, said infant cue-ball syndrome took over.
Ah, well. What remains to be seen now is what kind of hair grows in its place. Boy 1 and Boy 2 (and, I'm told by those in the know, I, too) all had fine but very dark hair as infants before losing it. A somewhat thicker white-blond took its place. Boy 1's has since thickened substantially and darkened to a light brown while Boy 2's is still blond and rather wispy. But both of them had a good, oh, eight months of near-total baldness between the first and second hair.
Seems like a lot of work to grow it just to lose it. Kind of makes me wonder why baby hair is ever there at all.
No comments:
Post a Comment